My Journey as a Troop Leader

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Starting a Troop Leader Blog

My journey as a troop leader started in October of this year. As I plan, organize, teach, and serve these girls, I am already seeing the rewards. Not only do I get to pour myself into a bunch of little girls, but it has impacted my relationship with my own girls as I involve myself more specifically in their lives. I’m able to see their gifts and talents, impress them with my fancy craft ideas, spend more time with them and their friends, and teach them the values of courage, confidence, and character.

There are so many girls that want to be a part of Girl Scouts and so few adults willing or able to serve as leaders. I am sure that this is the case with other types of scouting as well. I want to share any helpful tools I learn along the way, so that others might be inspired to give this a try.

It isn’t always easy and there are good practices and bad practices, but with some planning and care, I believe anyone can have a positive experience as a troop leader.  If you can come at it with good boundaries for the health and balance of your family, It is worth the sacrifices you make to have a positive impact on children. Making a difference in the life of a child is a huge step to changing our world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you!